Safety Coordinator - South Victoria - Civil & Electrical
Safety Coordinator - Southern Victoria Civil & Electrical Construction Works Contract opportunity until mid-2020 - Immediate start! Zenergy are partnered with one of Australia's most well-known renewable energy projects. Part of the project's civil construction team has an opportunity for a professional and experienced HSE Coordinator who will report to the HSE Manager. The work is carried out from Monday to Friday with rostered Saturdays. On top of the salary package there is shared accommodation available in the local area and a site allowance plus a tool of trade vehicle. This position is based in South Victoria in a beautiful coastal location on a fixed term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a high- profile renewable energy project. You will get the opportunity to work within a forward thinking and dynamic company who are known for their incredible culture. Safety Coordinator - Southern Victoria
- Civil & Electrical Construction Works
- Contract opportunity until mid-2020 - Immediate start!
- Support the ongoing development of the project health and safety plan and system specific to the project health and safety strategy and objectives
- Monitor and support the implementation of the project health and safety plan and the project environmental plan throughout execution
- Support internal and external audits to confirm compliance with regulatory, certification and other business requirements
- Support incident investigation and management activities
- Prepare, review and maintain appropriately structured project HSE documentation registers
- Ensure the HSE program is in line with company policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Assist with efficient and effective implementation of the Health and Safety Management System across the organisations operations.
- Carry out audits, inductions
- Prepare and deliver monthly WHS operation reports
- Keep up to date with HSE/WHS legislation and assess ways or promoting an accountable HSE culture
- Provide guidance and support to the project team on all HSE matters
- Have a hands on and field-based approach
- 3 to 5 years' experience as a HSE professional working in the construction industry.
- Some experience working in a similar civil/structural construction role (preferred)
- Certificate IV qualification and relevant industry experience in a field- based role
- Knowledge of applicable local laws, codes and regulations.
- Effective report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Base knowledge of environmental considerations in the construction industry
- An understanding of working near live electrical infrastructure (preferred)
- Licences for and/or experience operating heavy vehicles / mobile plant (preferred)
- Experience engaging effectively with strong-minded subcontractors
- Experience using Integrated Management Systems
- Understanding of incident investigations techniques
- Ideally hold additional qualifications in high risk and other safety related activities i.e. Work at Heights/First Aid/confined space etc.
- Fulltime work until Mid- 2020
- Beautiful location
- Renewable energy project
- Respected contractor
- Available now
- Positive culture
- Professional team
- Accommodation provided
- Site allowance
- Tool of trade vehicle
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: