Reporting to Service Manager, key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Repair and overhauling of Electric Motors and generators.
Testing of electric motors.
Troubleshooting and determining the possible issues.
Sound skills in the repair of Electric Motor, Alternators and DC motors.
Ability use measuring equipment both Electrical and Mechanical.
Preparation of components and machines for dispatch, including palletizing and plastic shrink wrapping, crating, boxing and packing.
Safe use of workshop equipment with particular attention to higher risk tasks such as operating forklifts, overhead and gantry cranes, pressure equipment, hydraulic presses, powered hand tools and tasks that are noisy and create dusts and flying debris.
Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with AS3800 Current Rules and Guidelines applicable to ABB’s Accreditation, ABB’s Technical Specifications and Process Control Procedures as audited.
To be considered for this role, you will be Trade Qualified in Armature-Winding, Turning & Machining. Hazardous areas (motors) experience and/or certificate will be highly considered.
You will have demonstrated experience in the use of Large Industrial Motors using various measuring tools with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar industry
Agency referrals will not be considered for this position.
A High End Wall and Floor Tiling business working in the Geelong area of Victoria is currently seeking an enthusiastic Wall and Floor Tiling apprentices to join their team.The successful applicant will learn on the job to perform duties such as laying ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types of tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes. You will also work towards completing a nationally recognised qualification in Certificate III Wall and Floor Tiling.To be considered for this position you must have a genuine passion for the business, be committed to a 4 year apprenticeship, reliable, honest a good worker and willing to learn. -
People at Work are currently experiencing a high demand for experienced Joiners, Cabinet Makers, Assemblers & Trades Assistants for our North Shore workshop. Applicants must have relative hands own experience, reliable transport, a real passion for work and a top attitude to fit.
To be considered for this position you will need;
Demonstrated experience as a Cabinet Maker or similar industry
Ability to read directly of drawings and instructions
Excellent use of power tools
Must be a team player
Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work autonomously as well in a small team in a challenging environment
If this sounds like the job for you, please APPLY NOW - or for further information please contact Chris Healy on 5221 5599. -
Reports to : Sheetmetal tradesperson, Manager and Company Director.
We are currently seeking a motivated full-time Apprentice Sheet Metal worker to join our experinced team . This is a great opportunity for a reliable and driven person to join our long standing roofing company which is located in Breakwater, Geelong and services the Geelong region, Surfcoast and Melbourne.
Position:Electro technology Classification:Apprenticeship Job Type:Permanent Location:Vic - Geelong Gforce is Geelong's largest employer of apprentices and trainees, with a strong history of working with local businesses to provide innovative employment opportunities.
Gforce in conjunction with Geelong Port currently has an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to commence an apprenticeship working and training with Geelong Port. The successful candidate will undertake a 4 year Electrical apprenticeship. The position is available to apply for now, with the successful candidate commencing their apprenticeship early in 2018.
The apprenticeship will involve learning all aspects of the trade including:
Fix and secure Electrotechnology Equipment
Troubleshoot and repair faults
Install appliances, switchgear and associated accessories for Electrical Installations
Solve problems in circuits
Use diagrams, schedules, codes and specifications
Terminate cables, cord and accessories for circuits
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Be reliable and motivated
Completion of Pre-apprenticeship and/or relevant work experience
Enjoy hands on, manual work
Have a good aptitude for mechanics
Have good literacy and numeracy skills
Ability to work in a team
Excellent attention to detail
A good understanding of OH&S
A current drivers licence
What to expect:
You will be required to work a 35 hour week (including TAFE training) and must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required. A full employment medical and Police Check will be required before commencement.
As an apprentice of Gforce you will be a valued employee, provided with an experienced consultant, to support, assist and encourage you in developing a long term career in this industry.
How to Apply:
Go to www.gforce.org.au under current vacancies or press the 'apply for this job now' button below and attach your resume and covering letter outlining why you are interested in this position.
Gforce in conjunction with Geelong Port currently has an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to commence an Electrical apprenticeship. -
This position will undertake driving and labouring duties in road and drainage construction whilemaintaining a strong safety, quality and customer focus. Working as part of a larger team, you willcontribute to the performance of your overall team.
1. Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.2. Undertake labouring and driving duties in road/drainage construction in accordance with a
timeframe and under the instruction and guidance of the Supervisor and/or Team Leader.3. Display a positive personal contribution in the undertaking of daily duties in the Civil
Construction Unit.4. Assist the unit in providing a customer focused service and efficient operation.5. Work within Occupational Health and Safety Regulations/Codes of Practice and use all
necessary safety equipment and safe work practices.6. Undertake additional duties to assist team members in completing projects consistent with
Award and job requirements.7. Follow all lawful and reasonable directives given by the Team Leader and or the Supervisor.8. Operate and maintain plant and equipment in an effective and efficient manner ensuring
compliance with relevant laws and regulations and Infrastructure Services (Operations)policies and procedures.
9. Adhere to all Council’s policies and procedures relevant to this position.10. Carry out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role as directed from time
Our values represent who we are and who we aspire to be. They are the tools to create theworkplace culture we want. We are all accountable for this.
• Respect and encourage each other• Create a healthy and safe environment for all• Embrace new ideas and better ways to work• Make people the centre of our business
Risk Management and Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Understand and comply with Council OHS policies, procedures and legislative requirementsrelevant to the position.
• Perform work in a safe and appropriate manner.• Ensure behaviour does not discriminate, bully or harass others.• Take responsibility for own safety and that of others.• Proactively report any incidents, injuries, hazards or unsafe work practices.
The following general physical and functional requirements may apply to this position. Specificphysical requirements will be attached if applicable.
• Manual handling tasks.• Long / short distance travel between sites.• Dealing with difficult clients and situations.• Demanding deadlines.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Heavy Truck licence.2. Ability to perform manual work including lifting of weights in accordance with Occupational
Health and Safety guidelines.3. Ability to operate Council plant including rollers, vibrating equipment and other minor plant and
equipment.4. Demonstrated skills in road/drainage construction and/or road maintenance.5. Sound knowledge of relevant road law, road sign regulations.6. Working knowledge of relevant safe work practices within a civil engineering environment.7. Commitment to adhering to the Council code of conduct and values.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND EXTENT OF AUTHORITY:
• The position operates under the routine supervision of the Construction Supervisor inperforming road construction and drainage tasks.
• The nature of work will often require the incumbent to communicate with the public face to facein satisfying their needs.
• The quality of work completed will be the responsibility of the incumbent.• Accountable for creating and capturing accurate and complete records of the business
activities related to this position, in accordance with approved policy and procedures. This isapplicable to both hardcopy and electronic information, including email.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
• Exercise some originality in approach will be required in undertaking tasks where a variety ofskills will be used from time to time.
• The incumbent will be required to exercise initiative in working to a timetable set by theSupervisor.
SPECIALIST SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Prepare excavation, place formwork, concrete and reinforcement in accordance with a plan.• Work to defined and precise levels in laying pipes to a grade or line or in road/drainage
construction activities.• Exercise initiative and work with minimal supervision.• Operate plant including rollers, vibrating equipment and other minor plant.• Control Traffic.• Knowledge of relevant road law and road sign regulations.• Demonstrate skills in road/drainage construction and or road maintenance.• Perform manual work including lifting of weights in accordance with Occupational Health and
• Ability to manage time on a daily basis for self to meet work programs and miscellaneousrequests.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative in work processes.
• Ability to contribute to workplace improvements programs and team discussions.• Ability to provide customer service and respond positively to internal and external customers• Good skills in oral and written communications• Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in the operation and maintenance and care of small miscellaneous plant andequipment.
• Experience in both road and drainage construction / maintenance and related activities ispreferred.
• Current Victorian Drivers licence.• Heavy Truck licence.
Accreditations/certificates in the following are desirable but not essential:• Crane Operator’s & Crane Chaser’s Certificate.• Spotting for work under power lines.• Basic Worksite Traffic Management including Traffic Controlling (Stop/Slow Bat).• Working in Confined Spaces.• “Red Card” Industry OH&S Training.
• The formal starting point for this position will be one of Council’s three Operations Centres(Depots), with the requirement to work across the municipality.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close: 5:00pm Friday 29 September 2017
Our client is looking for an a Machine Operator who has a roller and dump truck ticket and does not mind doing some general labouring also. You will be paid an excellent hourly rate and be part of a great working environment!
Your responsibilities will include;
Safe operation of rollers Safe operation of moxy dump trucks Handling and/or moving material General labouring when required General civil construction duties Perform all tasks maintaining health, safety and environmental rules To be considered for this role you must have the necessary licenses, certificates, experience and the ability to effectively work as part of a team.
For the right applicant there is a minimum of 3 months work available with a view for permanent employment. If you are a hardworking, reliable and punctual candidate looking to start work immediately, then please apply or to speak with a consultant then please call (03) 5261 6237. -